Requirements for Obtaining a Real Estate License:
- Must be 18 years of age or older.
- Must be a High School Graduate or hold a certificate of equivalency.
- Background Check.
- Successfully complete the required 75-hour Salesperson Pre-license Course at a Georgia Real Estate Commission approved school.
- Provide Proof of Completion of above mentioned course.
- Salespersons must take a 25-hour Salesperson Post License Course in their first year of the licensure.
- Must pass the State Examination. (Fee for the exam is $120.00)
The Commission requires that all active licensees licensed after 01/01/1980 must complete at least 36 hours of approved continuing education course work during each four year renewal period to meet the Continuing Education Requirements.